Legal and strategic framework
ORCA contributes to improvement of legal and strategic framework with regards to animal welfare, veterinary medicine, animal husbandry, food safety, environmental protection and related areas. By proposing and advocating for amendments to the various regulations ORCA has contributed to shaping of the following laws:
- Animal Welfare Act and the majority of the secondary legislation related to it (2009 … 2014);
- Animal Husbandry Act (2009, 2012);
- Nature protection Act (2009, 2010);
- Veterinary Act (2005, 2010, 2012);
- Food Safety Act (2009);
- Organic Production Act (2010);
- Act on Drugs and Medicinal Products (2010, 2012);
- Criminal Act (2005 … 2013);
- Misdemeanour Act (2013);
- Act on foundations of education and upbringing (2009, 2011, 2013);
- Local government Act (2007, 2014);
- Act on Communal Activities (2011).
At the same time, ORCA has been actively involved in the development of the following strategic documents:
- National Program for Integration of the Republic of Serbia into the European Union (2008 … 2012);
- National Sustainable Development Strategy and the related Action Plan (2008);
- Strategy on Agricultural Development of Serbia (2005);
- National Rural Development Programme 2011-2013 (2011);
- National Environmental Approximation Strategy (2011);
- Agriculture and Rural Development Strategy of the Republic of Serbia 2014-2024 (2014).
By monitoring the effectiveness of the legislation and advocating for constructive proposals, ORCA seeks to contribute to improving legal and strategic framework in order to achieve social well being and environmental protection.