Animal welfare education
“Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child
as it is to the caterpillar.“
“ORCA EDUCATION” is the programme we conduct since 2002, aimed at integrating animal welfare education into the formal educational system in the Republic of Serbia.
In order to achieve this important and rather ambitious goal, we develop various activities listed below:
- Development of the Proposal for integrating animal welfare education into the curriculums related to every subject and school programmes;
- Support to publishers in development of school books and materials which will meet the demands of animal welfare education;
- Trainings for teachers and expert associates (psychology-pedagogy service) for the implementation animal welfare education in everyday’s work;
- Continuous advisory support to teachers and expert associates (psychology-pedagogy service) for the implementation animal welfare education in everyday’s work;
- Education work with children and youth and the support in their active participation in animal welfare activities (workshops, competitions, various events);
- Regular information to the public about the importance animal welfare has for people, animals and the environment, as well as support to active citizenship.